- BVR Aftercoolers run the highest risk of damage in winter conditions. You can avoid this by making sure it is completely drained and blowing it out dry. Some customers decide to remove the unit completely and keep it in a heated indoor area.
- Also completely drain the Dessicant Tank. To ensure efficient moisture removal in the Spring, make sure to break up any salt that was left in the tank until loose when starting up again.
- Remove Batteries, and store them indoors, out of the weather.
- If you notice any worn or missing paint on the unit, prepare, prime and top-coat to protect the equipment. It never hurts to completely cover the unit with a top-coat for optimum protection.
- Thoroughly clean out all Grit and Dust so nothing is left to harden in the machine and cause issues during the next startup.
- To maintain a well-working Engine, check coolant levels and change the oil before storing. Add diesel stabilizer to fuel and run for 10-20 minutes to make sure it gets completely through the engine.
- Be sure to drain and clean all Filters and Regulators on the air system throughout the entire unit to remove moisture and sludge that could buildup over storage.
Call us today if you have any questions about the winterizing process. Taking a few simple precautions now can save you a lot of time and money in the long run!